All so easy for Kilsheelan/Kilcash in dominant display against combo

Kilsheelan/Kilcash were too strong for Ballylooby/Clerihan in the South u-21 FC ‘B’ clash at Clonmel, winning 3-16 to 0-10.

Kilsheelan/Kilcash were too strong for Ballylooby/Clerihan in the South u-21 FC ‘B’ clash at Clonmel, winning 3-16 to 0-10.

The winners had the advantage of a strong wind in the opening half and utilised it to command an interval lead of 2-8 to 0-3.

The game’s opening score came courtesy of Mark Kehoe in the first minute. Eoin Kehoe was the provider for Bill Maher who sent over. Ballylooby’s Barry Cooney combined well with Pearse Murphy but Eoin Kehoe was on hand to foil his advances. Eoin Kehoe and Bill Maher had points from play to stretch their lead.

Following a foul on Mark Kehoe, Aaron Larkin pointed the placed ball and Kevin Kehoe got his name on the scoresheet to leave a margin of six points.

With ten minutes remaining James Morgan crossed to Barry Cooney who made no mistake for Ballylooby/Clerihan’s first score.

Kilsheelan responded swiftly as Mark and Kevin Kehoe posted further points. Barry Cooney for Ballylooby doubled his tally following a delivery from William Dunne.

Tadgh Lonergan for Kilsheelan dropped in a short ball to the hands of Mark Kehoe who rattled the net to extend the lead. Moments later the ball was again being plucked from the net but the whistle had sounded as Kilsheelan were awarded a penalty which Bill Maher converted. The final score of the half went to Ballylooby when Brandon McGuire pointed after a pass from the hard working Paddy Kennelly to leave his side in arrears by 2-8 to 0-3.

Ballylooby, with the stiff breeze at their backs, began the second half confidently. Brandon McGuire had a goal bound shot saved but Barry Cooney was on hand to tap it over and William Dunne converted a free. Kilsheelan’s Eoin Kehoe pointed from play.

William Dunne and Aaron Larkin traded pointed frees. Brandon McGuire sent over a fine point from play and William Dunne had a point, from a free to reduce the deficit to seven points.

Kilsheelan reacted well with a third point for Eoin Kehoe and a goal by Paudie O’Donovan. Mark Kehoe and William Dunne exchanged points from play.

With the result inevitable Tadgh Lonergan added two points for Kilsheelan and Aaron Larkin and William Dunne had points from frees to end the contest on a scoreline of 3-16 to 0-10.

Kilsheelan-Kilcash: John Smyth, Brian Guiry, Daire Brennan, Sean Ryan, Martin Gibbs, Mark Kehoe 1-3, Tadgh Lonergan 0-2, Bill Maher 1-2, Eoin Kehoe 0-3, Kevin Kehoe 0-2, David Collins 0-1, Aaron Larkin 0-3, Eoghan Kelly, Colin Gleeson and Paudie O’Donovan 1-0.

Subs: Niall Murphy and James Davin Murphy

Ballylooby-Clerihan: Sean Lonergan, James Butler, Andrew O’Donnell (C), Christopher Burke, James Morgan, John Fennessy, David O’Halloran, Pearse Murphy, Paddy Kennelly, Barry Cooney 0-3, William Dunne 0-5, Ryhs McMorrow (C), Brandon McGuire (C) 0-2, Eamon Gleeson, Michael O’Rourke (C).

Subs: Shane Flannery and Shane Whelan.

Referee: Brian Tyrell (Clonmel Commercials).