Morgan brothers help Ballylooby- Castlegrace to title win

South MHC ‘C’ Final

South MHC ‘C’ Final

Ballylooby/Castlegrace 1-15

Carrick Davins 3-5

An outstanding scoring display from James Morgan ably assisted by brother Danny Morgan and great free taking by Eamon Gleeson helped Ballylooby/Castlegrace to victory over Carrick Davins in the South MHC ‘A’ final at Clonmel on Saturday.

Stephen Mooney nearly saved the day for Davins when switched to attack for the final ten minutes but time ran out for the Carrick side.

Ballylooby were three points up in 10 minutes with one from Mike Burke and from Eamon Gleeson frees. Davins got off the mark with a free by Mark O’Dwyer. Joe Crowe in the Davins goal batted down five chances to clear his lines and keep Ballylooby at bay.

But he had no chance of saving a rasper from James Morgan who raced through the middle having been set up by brother Danny to score the first goal in the 17th minute. Davins replied when Adam Keyes was on the end of an attack from Aron Moroney to give Paddy Kennealy no chance with a low shot to the corner of the net.

James Morgan added a point from play for Ballylloby/Castlegrace to go 1-4 to 1-1 ahead as we entered the last 10 minutes of the opening half. Davins lifted their game with points from Mark O’Dwyer and Luke Fennessey narrowing the gap to a single point. Eamon Gleeson had his first from play with a long range point to leave the score Ballyoby/Castlegrace 1-5 Carrick Davins 1-3 at the break.

Stephen Moroney pointed a 65 for the first score of the half to leave a point separating the teams but that was as close as Davins got with Ballylooby producing a wonderful display of team scores over the next fifteen minutes, scoring nine points without reply, eight from play - James Morgan 0-4, Danny Morgan 0-2, Barry Cooney 0-1, John Hynes 0-1 with the ninth point from a 65 by Eamon Gleeson to leave Ballylloby 1-13 to Davins 1-4 after 50 minutes.

Davins threw caution to the wind and reshuffled the team, bringing on Dale Tobin, with Ballylooby introducing David O’Halloran who almost on his first touch finished with a score, a point from play,

Stephen Moroney who was pulled down on the 30 metres line took the free himself and buried it in the back of Ballylloby net. Aaron Moroney hit a point for Davins and it was game on.

Stephen Moroney blasted home from 20 metres after a great run to score his second and Davins third goal to leave three points between the sides as we entered the final minutes.

Moroney was only inches wide before a counter attack yielded a free that Eamon Gleeson a pointed for the insurance score.

Best for Ballylooby were John Fennessey, Brendan Walsh, Eamon Gleeson, Barry Cooney and the Morgans James and Danny while for a gallant Davins, Joe Crowe, Stephen Moroney, Aaron Moroney, Trevor Murphy and Curtis Walsh could not be faulted,

Scorers, Ballylooby/Castlegrace, James Morgan 1-5, Eamon Gleeson 0-5(4f), Danny Morgan 0-1, Barry Cooney 0-1, John Hynes 0-1, Mike Burke 0-1,David O Halloran 0-1,

Carrick Davins, Stephen Moroney 2-1(2f), Mark O’Dwyer 0-2(1f),Adam Keyes 1-0, Aaron Moroney 0-1, Luke Fennessey 0-1,

Ballylooby/Castlegrace - Paddy Kenneally, Sean Tobin, Tommy Samson, Pearse Murphy, Brendan Walsh, Rory Joyce, Eamon Gleeson, Danny Morgan, Mike Burke, Seamus Burke, Barry Cooney, John Hynes, James Morgan, Subs John Fennessy, David O’Halloran,

Carrick Davins - Joe Crowe, Cian Murphy, Paul Casey, Luke Fennessey, Stephen Moroney, Trevor Murphy, Paul Norris, Mark O’Dwyer, Aaron Moroney, David Walsh, Curtis Walsh, Daryl Walsh, Dean Foley, Subs - Adam Keyes, Dale Tobin

Referee - Miceal O’Donnell (Clerihan).