Above is a picture of the public toilet in the Parnell St. car park taken on 20/08/11, Saturday night/ Sunday morning at approximately 1.30 - 2.00am. As you can see the toilet roll has been pulled out around the car park area. Why do this??? I would like to know why people cannot just go out, have a few drinks, enjoy themselves and go home quietly and peacefully.
I have been a resident of Thurles town centre for many years but find that over the last few years there has been a marked decrease in the level of social responsibility that people of all ages have. Some of the problems we frequently (ie.every weekend) encounter are:
• people urinating in our doorways,
• shouting and screaming,
• cars racing up and down the street,
• cars sounding their horns, (Do not use a horn in a built-up area between 23.30hrs and 07.00hrs unless there is a traffic emergency. Ref: Rules of the road)
• rubbish from fast food outlets thrown all over the place - which our dedicated street cleaners are left to clean up!
• broken glasses/bottles from licensed premises,
• extremely loud music.
• business alarms going off - can they not be silent???
All of the above are much worse following major sporting events such as GAA and soccer. While I would look forward to supporting my county team in the upcoming hurling finals, I am also dreading the mayhem that will follow!
So when you next go for a night out please consider the many residents who live in the centre of town and have some respect for them, for yourself and for your town!
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.