The January “New Year New Body” resolutions tends to fade into obscurity around this time of year if not even earlier.
So here is a six point blueprint of how to really reignite your body’s fat burning potential in time for the bikini and speedo summer bodies!
Here are six guidelines to follow over the next eight weeks:
0) Eat zero take aways, pannini’s, fizzy drinks, alcohol, sweets and products containing Hydrogenated vegetable oil and alcohol.
1) Have ONE meal only per day that contains a starchy carbohydrate.
Why? Your body tends to use carbs for fuel before fat so the more carbs in your system the less chance you have of burning fat.
Starchy Carbohydrates include: Bread, pasta, rice, cereal, porridge, potatoes.
The other meals should be protein and veg/salad.
-stir fried chicken and veg,
-cold meat salads
-natural yogurt and berrie
-Hummus and vegetables.
2) Drink two and a half litres of water every day. It’s what oil is to your car.
3) Don’t go longer than 3-3 1/2 hours without eating.
Plan ahead to reduce the risk of getting over hungry and then overeating on poor quality snacks like chocolate and crisps.
Having a balanced eating pattern is very important
4) Complete at least four workouts per week. That could be two gym sessions and two walk/jogs/runs or sprint sessions. Minimum 35 minutes per session.
To really up the ante try a pre-breakfast workout and then late evening workout in the one day, twice a week for the first two weeks.
5) Eat at least 5 vegetables per day. They will form the bulk of your meals along side protein.
A final point
“Your body needs nourishment not rubbishment”!
Best of luck.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.