Old Bridge recover from 2-0 down to claim all three points

Clonmel Credit Union Premier League

Clonmel Credit Union Premier League


Old Bridge produced a late-late show, coming from 2-0 down to defeat Cashel Town and in the proccess collect all three Premier League points at Palmers Hill, Cashel last Sunday.

Cashel Town badly needing points to pull clear of the drop zone looked on course, taking the lead on 25 minutes when Mickey Coleman got up well to head home a free kick. Cashel Town then doubled their lead on 32 minutes when David Slattery finished a great cross from Andrew Flynn. With Cashel Town looking to go in at half time 2-0 up, they had a lapse in concentration that allowed Emmet Ryan take advantage and with a good finish saw Old Bridge trail by a single goal at the break.

Early in the second half Cashel Town had a great chance to restore their two goal lead but William Fitzell was off target when clean through. Cashel were then made pay for this miss because just minutes later Aaron Moroney got on the end of a good cross to draw Old Bridge level at 2-2. After 83 minutes, Paul Ryan came off the bench to put a rejuvenated Old Bridge 3-2 in front and then to rub salt into the wounds of Cashel Town, Aaron Moroney added his second of the afternoon in injury-time snatching victory from the jaws of defeat for Old Bridge.

This result sees Old Bridge move back up to second place on 16 points with 7 games left. Cashel Town remains in the bottom three on 5 points also with 7 games left.

Home defeat sees Wilderness in drop zone


Peake Villa secured three precious Premier League points after holding on to defeat fellow strugglers Wilderness Rovers by the odd goal in seven in far from perfect conditions at the Wilderness Estate, Clonmel last Sunday.

In what was a real relegation six-pointer it was Peake Villa break the deadlock after 8 minutes when Stephen Carroll sprung the Wilderness offside trap and coolly finished. On the half-hour mark Wilderness levelled through Ger Kennedy from a Niall Kelly centre. However, three-goals in a five-minute spell saw Peake Villa open up an unassailable advantage. John McLoughlin volleyed the Thurles side back in front on 39 minutes. Then a long punt from the Villa net-minder saw Christy Burke turning the ball home after 41 minutes, before the Wilderness net-minder’s attempted clearance fell to John McLoughlin, who returned the ball from 30 yards into an unguarded net on 44 minutes to lead 4-1.

Wilderness Rovers to their credit came out with all guns blazing at the start of the second half and began eating into the visitors’ lead. After 63 minutes, Hayden Cashman flicked his brother’s Keith centre home the leeway. There was just a goal between the sides on 71 minutes when an error by the Villa ‘keeper allowed Ger Kennedy score his second of the day. However, Peake Villa regained their composure and managed to hang on to secure all three precious points on offer.

This victory sees Peake Villa move up to joint third in the table on 14 points with 5 games remaining. However, Wilderness Rovers remain in the relegation zone on just 3 points with 6 games left.