Philip Grace hat-trick keeps Borris ‘B’ on top of TSDL Division Four

Philip Grace hat-trick keeps Borris ‘B’ on top

Philip Grace hat-trick keeps Borris ‘B’ on top



A Philip Grace hat-trick helped overnight League Division 4 leaders, Two Mile Borris B maintain their promotion push after easily getting the better of strugglers Kilbehenny Celtic at Newhill Park, Littleton last Sunday.

Two Mile Borris reserves’ four victories on the trot has seen them move from mid-table to outright leaders and were out to retain that form against Kilbehenny Celtic and once Philip Grace broke the deadlock after 10 minutes never looked back. Stephen Dorney made it 2-0 on 15 minutes before Philip Grace added his second on 32 minutes. Paul McCarthy made it 4-0 on 40 minutes before Grace completed his hat trick to put Two Mile Borris in a commanding 5-0 interval lead.

Although the goals were as free flowing after the changeover, it saw Two Mile Borris sit back and hit on the break. With Kilbehenny Celtic failing to penetrate a well-marshalled defence, Two Mile Borris B put this game to bed with further goals from Conor Keating on 65 minutes and Thomas Quigley ten minutes from time.

This win sees Two Mile Borris B retain the single-point lead at the top (on 28 points), but with just one game left will be anxiously looking over their shoulder at the chasing pack.

Sean O’Neill double helps Kierans keep up the pressure


A brace of goals from Shane O’Neill kept St. Kieran’s of Cahir hopes of promotion from League Division 4 alive as they got the better of Cullen-Lattin B by the odd goal in three at the Duneske Recreational Centre, Cahir last Sunday.

St. Kieran’s, who were seeking back-to-back victories, found a Cullen-Lattin B side with nothing to lose frustrate them in a very tight scoreless opening forty-five minutes.

With the visitors continuing to keep St. Kieran’s at bay for long periods after the break, it took an error to break the deadlock after 65 minutes. From a Cullen-Lattin attack that broke down, St. Kieran’s broke quickly from the halfway line and finished with Shane O’Neill beating the advancing ‘keeper to go 1-0 ahead. Despite that goal, St. Kieran’s remained under constant pressure and it took another piece of counter attacking play from the Cahir side to get the insurance goal with ten minutes left. On this occasion it was a defence splitting ball from Michael Darcy that released Shane O’Neill in behind the visitors defence and he made it 2-0. Although Cullen-Lattin B did get a goal back with three minutes remaining through James Riordan it was too little too late.

This win sees St. Kieran’s retain joint second place on 27 points and with 3 games left must fancy their chances of not only promotion but taking the title.

Dualla promotion hopes now back on track


Dualla got their promotion campaign from League Division 4 back on track after defeating strugglers Tipperary Town B at the Community Sportsfield, Dualla last Sunday.

After their slip up away to Two Mile Borris B last week, Dualla with games quickly running out needed all three points from this to keep their promotion hopes alive.

All goals came in the opening half of a hard fought game where Dualla held the edge throughout the ninety minutes. Dualla, who hit the crossbar once in the first half, got the breakthrough through Darragh Devane on10 minutes. Richie Hennessy made it 2-0 on 22 minutes and Stevie Coppinger made it 3-0 after 33 minutes. Although Tipp Town B did pull a goal back through Kevin Dwyer on 40 minutes, Dualla regained their three-goal advantage Derek Hayes right on the stroke of half-time.

Dualla, who maintained the pressure throughout the second half, twice hit the woodwork and the Tipp Town goalie had to make some clever saves to keep the scoreline down. In the end Dualla were worthy winners.

Dualla who are home to Peake Villa B in their final game will be hoping they have done enough after being piped at the post last season. Dualla are in joint second on 27 points.

Five-goal Enda Fogarty keeps Ballyneale in the hunt


Five goals from Enda Fogarty helped unbeaten Ballyneale keep their dream of promotion from League Division 4 alive as they hit a hapless Peake Villa B for seven at the Tower Grounds, Thurles last Sunday.

Ballyneale were always on top and took the lead on 17 minutes when Enda Fogarty latched on to a poor kick-out to finish to the Villa net. Ten minutes later the visitors were 2-0 in front with Enda Fogarty scoring his second to leave Ballyneale two goals to the good at the break.
On 48 minutes, this game was over as a contest when Enda Fogarty completed his hat-trick putting Ballyneale 3-0 in front. Nigel Grace gave a youthful Peake Villa side a glimmer of hope on 52 minutes, but it was only to be a consolation as Ballyneale regained the upper hand
and on 60 minutes, Enda Fogarty added his fourth of the afternoon to make it 4-1. The one-man demolition continued as Enda Fogarty scored his fifth on 70 minutes. A minute later Tom Kennedy made it 6-1 before Johnny McGrath made it 7-1 to a rampant Ballyneale with five minutes left.

This victory sees Ballyneale remain in fourth place, but they are undefeated and just four points off the pace on 24 points with 4 games still to play.