Connolly hits late winner for Clonmel Town

John Quirke Jewellers Youth League

John Quirke Jewellers Youth League



Outgoing champions Clonmel Town kept their hopes of retaining the TSDL Youth League title after overcoming St. Michael’s by the odd goal in five in Ferryhouse in terrible conditions last Saturday.

Kevin Fahey put the home side in front after 15 minutes but St Michaels produced an equaliser though John Carew to leave it all square at half-time. Cathal Ryan shocked the home side as he put St. Michaels ahead 5 minutes into the second half with a super strike. But full credit to Clonmel Town who kept going and finally found an equaliser with 20 minutes still to play thanks to a Harry O’Connor penalty making it 2-2. Clonmel Town pushed forward in numbers and turned this game back in their favour when Michael Connolly kept his cool to slot home the winner with just minutes left on the clock.

Bright start sets Borris on their way



Two Mile Borris continued their impressive run in the top tier of the Youth League as they had a comfortable victory against Clonmel Celtic at Newhill Park, Littleton last Saturday.

Two Mile Borris got off to the perfect start with Timmy Dunne scoring after 5 minutes. Adrian Crooke made it 2-0 to the home side after 15 minutes and just after the half hour Willie McCarthy scored to give Two Mile Borris a 3-0 cushion at the halfway stage.

Clonmel Celtic, who were outplayed in the opening half, reorganised their troops and looked like making a fight of it when Ger Regan scored after 55 minutes. However, it was just a token of resistance as Two Mile Borris regained the upper hand and with ten minutes remaining, Ashley Laslett made it 4-1 to secure the three points for the Mid Tipp outfit.

Peake Villa go back top after nine goal thriller


Peake Villa returned to winning ways coming from behind to regain top spot in Division 2 of the Youth League by defeating Bansha Celtic by the odd goal in nine at Celtic Park, Bansha last Saturday.

Bansha Celtic got off to a flyer when Sean Breen ran on to pass scored from 16 yards after 5 minutes. Caley Maher brought Peake Villa level to score from 6 yards after 15 minutes. On 33 minutes, Adam Garrett headed home from close range to put Peake Villa in front. Bansha responded with Liam Ryan scrambling home from 10 yards on 38 minutes to leave it all square at 2-2.

On 53 minutes Gary Dunne shot from 20 yards in over the keeper to restore the Peake Villa lead at 3-2 and on the hour mark Fadden Linnane capitalised on a mix up to score with an easy tap in from 6 yards and make it 4-2. On 70 minutes, Darragh Crowe shot from 12 yards out for Bansha to make it 4-3. However, on 80 minutes Killian Cooke poked home from close range following a scramble in the box to the visitors 5-3 ahead. Sean Breen with a looping shot in off the post on 84 minutes added his second of the day for Bansha, but Peake Villa who slipped up against Clerihan the previous week held on to take the three points. .