Search our Archive


Wins for Dualla and Peake Villa B as weather takes its toll on football

Suirside 1–1 Slieveardagh

Suirside 1–1 Slieveardagh

The battle of the top two in Division Four gave a small but dedicated crowd a good morning’s entertainment in Ardfinnan on Sunday last.

The first half was played at a fierce pace but it remained scoreless at half-time, despite both teams having some good chances.

The opening goal went to the visitors on the hour mark as Ian Ivors converted from close in after some wonderful passing through the middle of the park. This rocked the home side, and when a response was most needed it came from top goal scorer Darren Sweeney ten minutes later who powered a low shot past the opposition keeper. The final 20 minutes were played out without either team getting another clear chance, and a draw was a fair outcome.

Dualla 2 – 0 Bansha Celtic

Dualla made it three wins from three in their game on Sunday morning with another very good win as they chase promotion from the bottom tier.

It took them only three minutes to open the scoring when Derek Hayes powered home a header from an indirect free kick, and they assured themselves off all three points on the 23rd minute, when Tommy Hogan lobbed the advancing Bansha keeper after Dualla had sprung the offside trap to perfection. Dualla seemed happy to play out the rest of the game on their terms.

Two Mile Borris B 1 – 2 Peake Villa B

Another derby game, it was the Thurles lads who took the points here at a blustery Newhill.

The opening period was not without chances, but was without goals, and it was a full hour before the deadlock was broken. The goal went to the home team from the penalty spot as Thomas Quigley struck home.

This setback sparked the Thurles lads into life and two minutes later, Peake Villa were level terems when David Maguire.

The game was finally decided ten minutes later, when a scrappy corner was poked home by Kevin Quinn and the away team claimed all three points.

Tipperary Town B 0 – 0 Cullen Lattin

This is a game that both teams will probably want to forget about, as the weather made any kind of good football almost impossible to play.

The only clear chance of the game fell to the home side, who were awarded a second half penalty kick, but this was driven wide. In the end, the fact that both teams won a point from the game, was probably the only notable thing that could be said about it.

More News

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.