Search our Archive


Two-Mile-Borris hit nine against St. Nicholas

TSDL First Division Round-Up

TSDL First Division Round-Up

Galbally United 2 – 1 Bansha Celtic

Galbally United picked up their first points of the new season with a hard fought victory over an eager Bansha Celtic outfit on Sunday. In the 25th minute Darren Shelly converted a penalty. Midway through the second half however, Galbally extended the lead after Derek Gallahue scored. Shane Egan replied for Bansha in the closing minutes.

Two Mile Borris 9 – 1 St Nicholas

Borris annihilated the very understrength St Nicholas side. The winner’ goals came from Anthony Healy (3), Colin Breen (2), Darren Ivors (2), Michael Butler and Richie McCarthy. Jonjo O’Brien replied for St. Nicholas.

Tipperary Town 3 – 0 Wilderness Rovers

Tipperary took an early lead after good work by Dean Buckley set up an easy finish for Stephen Quinn. Ten minutes later, ace finisher Quinn once again got on the end of a silken through ball, this time delivered by Matt Flannery to double the home team’s lead.

Tipperary’s Vinnie Godfrey tied up the result with a neat finish near the end of the game.

Killenaule Rovers 2 – 2 Cullen – Lattin

This was a topsy turvy game filled with drama and talking points before eventually finishing honours even. Paul Webster opened the scoring on the quarter hour for the home side, but within five minutes they were reduced to ten men after defender Mike Hickey saw red. Bolstered by the extra man Cullen Lattin took complete control of the game, and were given a gilt edged opportunity to reduce the lead, but missed a penalty in the 35th minute of the game. Killenaule took their unlikely lead to half time, but their luck ran out five minutes into the second half when Davy Ryan levelled for the away side. Expecting to kick on now, Cullen Lattin were rocked once again when the ten men retook the lead only five minutes later after an almighty scramble in the goalmouth culminated with Davy Noonan poking the ball home. From there to the finish Killenaule’s keeper John Paul Doyle through a mixture of skill, luck and divine intervention, kept the marauding visitors at bay almost single handedly. Victory alas, was not to be his, when with only minutes left on the clock, Cullen’s Davy Ryan popped up to fire home a second.

More News

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.