Search our Archive


Wilderness Rovers continue their push for Premier League promotion

St Nicholas 0 – 3 Two Mile Borris

St Nicholas 0 – 3 Two Mile Borris

Borris roared back into promotion contention with a comprehensive win away at St Nicholas, but had to survive a number of scares before opening the scoring with a good strike by Tony Flanagan after 25 minutes.

The second half followed a similar pattern, with Borris soaking up pressure and looking to catch the Saints on the counter, and they did so 15 minutes before the end when Philip Grace lobbed the out rushing goalkeeper to double his sides lead. Willie McCarthy then made the points safe for the visitors five minutes before the end, as this promotion battle gets tighter and tighter by the week.

Tipperary Town 0 – 3 Bansha Celtic

Bansha ended any faint hope of the home side continuing their fantastic run of promotions when they took all three points back home on Sunday.

After a scoreless first half in which chances were at a premium, Celtic opened the scoring five minutes after the restart after Darren McGrath took a ball around the home keeper and finished from a tight angle. Two minutes later, the visitors doubled their advantage, this time when Kevin Mullins glanced a cross past the stranded Town keeper. And five minutes after that, Celtic killed the tie as a contest after McGrath hit his second, firing low under the advancing goalkeeper, to wrap up the points.

Galbally United 1 – 2 Wilderness Rovers

Wilderness Rovers continue to remain clear at the top of Division One with another good win on the road in Galbally. The home side opened the scoring in the 20th minute when a free kick by Conor Hennebry was blocked by the keeper, but the first to react and slot home was Keith Hogan. United held this lead to the break, but Rovers were back in the game five minutes into the second period with a goal by Youceff Brahimi. The game was eventually settled from the penalty spot, as Rovers Ger Kennedy slotted home, to push his team closer to regaining Premier League status at the first attempt.

Cullen Lattin 2 – 0 Killenaule Rovers

The away side continued their slide towards relegation as Cullen took three points with a good win at home on Sunday.

They were on top from the start, and forced the visitor’s keeper into making a number of good saves to keep his team in it at the break. The defensive wall was finally breached however ten minutes into the second period when Cullen with a goal by Barry O Dwyer, and though Killenaule continued to defend well, the home side made sure of all three points close to the end with a goal from Leonard Leahy after some good approach play by Alan Hayes.

More News

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.