North Tipperary Sports Partnership is pleased to announce further Child Welfare & Protection in Sport Basic Awareness training. The course is aimed at sports leaders, children’s officers, parents or anyone working with young people in sport. A central goal for all those involved in sport for young people is to provide a safe, positive and nurturing environment where children can develop and enhance their physical and social skills. Promoting a child-centred environment should go hand in hand with identifying and eliminating practices that impact negatively on safe and enjoyable participation in sport for young people.
The workshop will be delivered by John McElhinney, Irish Sports Council tutor, on Tuesday 24th January, 2012, LIT Tipperary, Thurles, 6.30pm – 9.30pm.
The training will enable Children’s Officers/Sports Leaders to:
• Implement best practice in protecting the welfare of participants
• Create a child-centred environment within the sports club
• List categories of abuse and some indicators associated with abuse
• Make an appropriate response to a disclosure
• Make a report to designated officer or appropriate Statutory Authorities
Prior registration with North Tipperary Sports Partnership is necessary. A nominal fee is required to secure your place. A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded on completion of the course. Please book early as places are limited on the workshop. For further information contact Elaine Cullinan or Sharon Mc Loughney (tel: 067-43604, email: email@example.com).