The following fourteen nominations have been received for the Butlers Fethard Sports Achievement Awards for January, February and March.
(1) Ben Coen – Apprentice jockey Ben has had 3 winners on the flat in Dundalk since Christmas.
(2) Patrician Presentation Ladies Cadet Volleyball Team – Narrowly beaten in all Ireland schools final by Holy Family secondary school Newbridge.
(3) Patrician Presentation Boys Volleyball Team – This team also gave a good account of themselves going down narrowly to St. Bridgets in the All-Ireland final.
(4) Charlie Manton – Charlie was goalkeeper on the UCD team that defeated NUIG to win the Sigerson cup.
(5) Paul Moloney – Paul played a major part in helping his college Maynooth to win the Electric Ireland Ryan cup for hurling.
(6) Edel McMahon – Living and working in Fethard, Edel was part of the Irish ladies Six Nations Rugby Championship team for 2018. She has also proved to be a huge asset to the Fethard ladies underage teams who have benefited from her coaching skills.
(7) Fethard Galteemore Kickboxing club – At a recent tournament in Mooncoin the club returned with a haul of 8 gold and 3 silver medals.
(8) Isobel Maher – Tipperary gold medal in Community games swimming.
(9) Mark O Meara – Tipperary silver medal in Community games swimming.
(10) Neilas Saikauskas – This 6th year student in Fethard won a gold medal in Munster ITA Taekwondo.
(11) Eoin Tynan – Well known racquetball player Eoin was victorious in the over 40 singles at the prestigious Tralee tournament. Also with his playing partner at the same tournament they were narrowly beaten in the final of the doubles.
(12) Pat O Brien – Three winners at Clonmel track for this local greyhound trainer.
(13) Hazel Galloway – Gold medal in the National Masters 200 metres held in Athlone as well as a gold in the Tipp Masters 60 metre held in Nenagh.
(14) Keith Dalton – Keith who is new to the sport of greyhound racing had his first winner, Tullamaine Rose, in Clonmel recently.
The three-monthly winners will be announced at a special function on Good Friday night next, March 30, in Butlers Bar.