Clonmel Credit Union Premier League

Premier League wins for Bansha Celtic and Cahir Park

Vee Rovers and Tipperary Town lose out

Premier League wins for Bansha Celtic and Cahir Park

Niall Daly (right) was on the mark for Bansha Celtic in their win over Vee Rovers on Sunday last.


This game was an even contest for the first ten minutes but once the home side opened the scoring with an excellently taken effort by Sean Daly that went across the keeper the home side thoroughly dominated the proceedings thereafter. They did have to wait until shortly before the half hour mark to build on that lead, but it was eventually doubled by Stephen O’Dwyer who was on hand to finish from close range.

Celtic completed their dominance of the first half with a goal ten minutes from half time by Niall Daly who finished off a good following move down the Bansha left, to leave Vee rocking.

The second period started much the same as the first ended, with the home side adding a fourth ten minutes in when Stephen O’Dwyer was on hand to tap in a Tony Egan cross. The games pace slowed and the visitors created a few half chances, one of which they took in the eighty second minute, when the ball broke in the box and Eoghan Heffernan slotted home from six yards out. It was no more than a consolation however and Celtic now look to be back to the kind of form they were displaying in pre-season. 



Cahir Park continued their impressive return to the Premier league this season and were full value for their three goal win in Tipperary Town on Sunday afternoon. The home side started the better however and had the first real chance to score when they were awarded a penalty kick in the 10th minute. They were thwarted nevertheless by Aaron Wall in the Park goal.

The Cahir keeper turned villain 15 minutes later when he cut down Pakie Farrell who was clean through, but the home side were unable to make the numerical advantage count and the teams went to the break all square.

It was all square in playing terms five minutes after the break when the home side were reduced to ten men also, and things got worse for Town two minutes later when they went behind through a powerful header by John Ryan.

A goal to the good now, the visitors took control of the game and got a second goal after a period of pressure saw a Town defender turn a Shane O’Neill cross into his own net. Forced to push forward now to try to get something from the game the home side left gaps behind them and they were cruelly exposed eight minutes from time when a wonderful flowing counter attack by Cahir finished with Eliot Thompson putting the game to bed with the third and final goal of the game.