The AIMS musical theatre awards will be announced tomorrow evening in Killarney.
The Best Overall Show nominations were announced this evening at the INEC, Killarney ahead of tomorrow evenings huge event.
Thurles Musical Society and St Mary's Choral Society Clonmel have both been nominated in the Best Overall Show category for the annual AIMS Awards which will be announced tomorrow evening at the INEC in Killarney.
The other nominations area already known, but the Best Overall Show ones were announced this evening and feature the Thurles and Clonmel groups, but in different sections.
Thurles' Ragtime is included in the Gilbert section and they will be up against
· Cats-FACT School of Performing Arts
· Into the Woods-Carrick On Suir Musical Society
· West Side Story-Leixlip Musical and Variety Group
· 42nd Street-St Agnes Choral Society
Meanwhile included in the Sullivan section for the Best Overall Show are:
· Sister Act-Kilkock Musical Society
· All Shook Up-Coolmine Musical Society
· Grease-St Mary’s Clonmel
· Ragtime –Bravo Theatre Group
· Jesus Christ Superstar- South Eastern Theatre Group
The AIMS Awards will be streamed live on the Association of Irish Musical Societies website tomorrow evening - there are expected to be almost 1,100 seated for the gala black tie award banquet in the INEC and there are a considerable number of Tipperary people booked in, with numerous nominations for Tipperary, Nenagh, Roscrea, Carrick-on-Suir, Thurles and JW Productions.