Michael was a bronze medal winner in the wheelchair section of the World Blackball Pool Competition which was held this year in the Glen Eagle Hotel, Killarney. The award was presented by Declan Ryan.
The winner of the Butler’s Bar Fethard Sports Achievement Award for the month of October was Michael Barry. Michael was a bronze medal winner in the wheelchair section of the World Blackball Pool Competition which was held this year in the Glen Eagle Hotel, Killarney.
The winner was announced at a special function in Butler’s Bar on Friday, November 4.
The award was presented by Declan Ryan who represented this month’s sponsor, Dalcassian Wines & Spirits. David also brought along a bottle of their new product to sample, ‘Gunpowder Gin’ – a refreshing herbaceous gin distilled using oriental botanicals and gunpowder tea. The winner of the ‘Mentor of the Month’ was Sharon O’Meara, St. Rita’s Camogie Club.
The full list of nominees was as follows:
(1) David Flanagan – greyhound trainer David continues on his winning ways with three winners on the track during October.
(2) Colin Allen & Shane Kenny – winners of the HolmPatrick Cup for the second year in a row. The final against three other Irish clubs took place in St. Andrews Scotland.
(3) Michael Barry – bronze medal for Michael in the wheelchair section of the World Blackball Pool Competition which this year was held in Killarney.
(4) Fethard Intermediate footballers – county champions following their 1 point victory against Golden/Kilfeacle played in Cashel.
(5) Michael Allen – local greyhound enthusiast Michael had a nice victory at Thurles track when his dog Zip Duke won a competitive sprint race.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.