Image by lisa runnels from Pixabay
A free parenting course for parents of babies 0-6 months will take place in the Old Courthouse, Bank Street, Templemore. The course will start on Thursday, May 9 and will run for 6 weeks. For more information please contact Sara Leahy, MORE Family Support Project on 087 2642203.
About Incredible Years Series
The Incredible Years Series offers a variety of group based programs that fall into three main categories: programs serving parents, programs serving children, and programs serving teachers.
Incredible Years Baby and Toddler programs are designed for use with parents of children ages 0-3 years. The Baby program is a specific protocol for parents and babies ages 0-12 months, and the Toddler program covers protocols for parents of toddlers 1-3 years
Goals of the course include:
- Getting to know your baby (0-3 months)
- Babies as intelligent learners/speaking “parent-ese” (3-6 months)
- Providing physical, tactile & visual stimulation
- Parents learning to read babies’ minds and be responsive
- Understanding how to help babies feel loved, secure and safe
- Gaining Support