'Beast from the East' already baring teeth in Tipperary
Lidl have announced that all their stores across Munster and Leinster to close on Thursday.
The company says - "We have made the decision to close all stores in Leinster and Munster from 3pm tomorrow Thursday March 1st until 1pm on Friday March 2nd. Upon reopening, we ask customers for patience with our store teams who will have just resumed normal operations.
"We are continuing to assess and monitor the situation as it happens. As always the health and safety of all colleagues and customers remains an absolute priority.
Decisions may be taken at individual store level to extend this closure period depending on localised weather conditions".
All WIT campuses will be closed for the remainder of the week due to the weather conditions. The college anticipates opening as normal on Monday, 5 March.
Social events across Tipperary have been cancelled due to the heavy snowfall.
We will update this list as we get information. Let us know if your events are cancelled.
* Clonmel Races, due to take place tomorrow, Thursday, have been called off.
* Mid Tipp Mart Sale, which was to be held today, is cancelled.
* Bingo in Mullinahone on Thursday night has been postponed for a week until Thursday, March 8.
* Clonmel Commercials Fashion Show, which was to be on Friday night, has been cancelled until further notice.
* Cashel RFC - Tonight’s (Wednesday) bingo is cancelled due to the weather and will return next week as normal.
* The AGM of Roscrea TidyTowns planned for Wednesday 28th is postponed until Wednesday, March 7
* No bingo in the Muintir Na Tire Hall, Littleton, on Friday.
Schools across Tipperary are also closed today - click here for our list.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.