The March draw takes place at Clonmel Credit Union offices on Saturday.
Clonmel Credit Union has responded to stories in the national press that a disproportionate number of winners in Credit Union draws nationally are workers or directors of the credit unions involved.
Clonmel Credit Union says it has been running draws since 1999 and no staff member, volunteer or director has ever won in the draws to date.
The March draw was held in the Parnell Street offices on Saturday and was independently supervised.
In its statement Credit Union manager Paul Davey said -
With regard to our Monthly €15,000 Cash Draw I would like to inform our members of the following:-
1. The draw has been in place in Clonmel credit Union Limited since August 1999 and NO staff member, Volunteer or Director have ever won in the draws to date.
2. Draw winners are published annually in our account sent to all members. The winners also published on the Nationalist and are listed on our website.
3. The draws was overseen by members of the Credit Union in the main office of the outside the counter and the winner is announced immediately.
4.. All deductions are recorded on each member's statement.
5. All members are required to complete a written application form prior to having payment deducted from accounts.
6. Members are free to withdraw from the draw at any time by submitting a written request.
7.Our Internal Auditor carry out a full review of the process annually..
8. External auditors review the account as part of the annual audit and the financial data is published in our annual report.
9. Clonmel Credit Union was part of the review of the 128 Credit Unions and to date we have not been asked to correct or amend any of the processes or procedures in relation to the Draw.
10. The Credit Union does not make any financial gain from the operation of the draws.
11. A full list of all winners since 1999 is maintained by the Credit Union.